More than 20,000 Babies Delivered
Our physicians have privileges and deliver at the birthing center at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center.
Birthing Center Amenities
- Exceptional medical back-up with one of the best-equipped neonatal units in the area. Specialized OB surgical suites are designed for ultimate efficiency.
- Steps away from East Tennessee Children’s Hospital with 24/7 coverage and care
- Labor and delivery suites with showers or whirlpools
- Viewing nurseries with three areas: well babies, babies who need special attention, and a separate isolation nursery.
- Five triage rooms for women experiencing labor problems and 13 ante-partum suites for women who need inpatient attention before delivery.
- The area’s best-trained nurses who guide you through labor, plus specialized educators and lactation consultants for compassionate help after delivery.
Extra services for an easier labor, delivery and motherhood experience:
- Teddy Bear University – a series of classes and hospital tours to help you prepare for the birth of your child. (Sign up early!)
- Free subscription to “My Baby Expectations” e-newsletter with articles that follow your pregnancy and your child’s first year in a month-by-month guide format. Free podcasts (including lullabies!), checklists, tips to prepare for your new arrival, and more!
- Net Nursery – Free newborn photo portraits online so your friends and family can see your sweet baby’s first photo!