Dr. Meredith Oruc Biography
Dr. Oruc joined Fort Sanders Women’s Specialists in 2020. She completed her obstetrics and gynecology residency at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Jacksonville. Dr. Oruc earned her medical degree from James H. Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City.
- Abnormal pap smears and colposcopy
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Family planning
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Women’s health maintenance
Honors and Awards
- Member of Resident Graduate Medical Education Committee, UF Health Jacksonville, 2014-2018
- Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Participation and Achievement in Medical Student Education, 2018
- Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, AAGL (Elevating Gynecologic Surgery), UFCOM, 2018
Dr. Oruc was born and raised in West Knoxville. She is a graduate of Sacred Heart Cathedral School and Knoxville Catholic High School. Her first job was as a cashier at Butler & Bailey Market, where she met her husband, Igor, who is now a physical therapist.
After completing her undergraduate and medical training in Tennessee, Dr. Oruc and her husband moved to Florida, where she completed her OB/GYN training. Both of their sons, Nikola and Marin, were born in Florida. Dr. Oruc spent several years in private practice in Jacksonville before moving back to Knoxville.
In her spare time, Dr. Oruc enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, reading historical fiction, and watching football. She also enjoys dancing, whether it’s Zumba or ballroom dancing.
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
501 19th Street, Trustees Tower, Suite 401
Knoxville, TN 37916